Increase the Odds of Achieving Your Dream Life with this FREE Annual Life Review & Goal Setting Template
Did you know that people who review their life at least annually are 10X more likely to succeed? According to Dr Gail Matthews – Dominican University (you might know this as the mythical Harvard Business Study or Yale Goal Study, spoiler alert, neither ever happened) people with clear life vision and goals are ten times more successful. It’s shocking to find that only 3% of the population set goals, and from that 3 %, only 1% write them down. If knowing this does not motivate you to plan and visualise your dream life, then perhaps success and happiness is not your top priority.
However, you are in luck because life always gives us options and your alternative option is to join the 87% and learn the standard ‘Not My Fault’ mantra. You can choose to blame the economy, your past, your family, your employer, your colour, your nationality, your age, the politics and even the WEATHER! The list is endless and should last you a lifetime. Whoop! Whoop!
However, if you are ready to ‘punch today in the face’ and get your life on track, then this is your time to shine. You can do a review of your life at any time. Still, we find that the start of the year is the best time for this. After days of overindulging on food, followed by feeling double your size and your brain numb after endless hours of Netflix binging, as if by magic, the guilt thermometer goes crazy and turns our focus inwards. Thus making the first two weeks of the New Year the most productive and with the increased motivation levels, we have an excellent chance to improve our life. P.S You can’t set goals for next year if you don’t get a complete picture on the past year first because you need to know where you are first before you plan your moves to get you to your next destination.
Start your New Year review ASAP while the whole world is motivated to change because most of the people will lose their noble intentions by the end of February.
An Annual Review provides accountability, but more importantly, lay a vision for the year ahead. To make this super easy we have created this FREE Life Review Template so click here and 10X your life!
Goal Setting Tips
- When writing, always use ‘I AM’ instead of ‘I WILL’.There is something powerful when you put goals in the present tense than the future “one day”’.
- Make your goals super-specific and be able to answer the ‘WHY?’ behind them.
- Answer this question: ‘Who do I need to be to achieve this goal?’ We all have a list of things we want in life but seldom do we think about what type of person attracts stuff like that. If you wish for a super smart, successful, healthy, sexy life partner have you taken a hard look at yourself and do an honest account on whether a person like that would want to be with a person like you? Chances are they have high expectations, and you will need to work on your offering to reach this goal. In other words, your wants can’t exceed what your offering is to this world.
- Visualise your goals and try to imagine how it would feel to achieve them. If you want to boost your creativity and nail it 100% create a visual board snd look at it as often as you can. We have ours printed and stuck on a notice board in our office.
- Break the annual goals into monthly and weekly goals, and then into daily to-dos.
- Celebrate your WINS.
- Get support in the form of a mentor or life coach or at least get an accountability buddy.
We hope this strategy helps you. What do you do to achieve the most success with your goals? We would love to hear from you!